PRACTICE SOCIAL PRESCRIBER
scroll down for most recent newsletter!
My name is Becky, I’m a Social Prescriber for the practice. My role is to listen and support our patients with ‘what matters to me', not 'what is the matter with me’.
It is about connecting people with non-medical activities, opportunities, support and services in the community to help improve your health and wellbeing. I have been working at the practice for just over two years.
In my spare time I like to go running, yoga, kickboxing and when I’m not as active enjoy creative activities such as pottery and painting!
A Social Prescriber is:
- Someone you can talk to confidentially
- Practical, supportive and non-judgemental
- Able to help you make decisions with what is important to you
- Someone who can support you throughout the journey
What can I can help with?
- Getting involved in local groups, social activities and support groups
- Accessing befriending services
- Support around housing, benefits and financial matters
- Helping with accessing transport options
- Finding out about volunteering opportunities
With one to one help, I can enable you to access to a range of non-medical local activities, social groups, services and advice based on needs and interests. Whatever is important to you, I will support you to find the help that works for you.
Who can I support?
Anyone over the age of 13 including:
- People with depression or low mood
- High levels of anxiety
- Low in confidence or self-esteem
- long-term conditions
- Socially isolated – having little or no support
- Are our of work or unable to work owing to sickness
- Are recently bereaved
- Are a carer or ex-carer
- Single parents
- Fear the outside
- Have few or no hobbies or interests
Where to find Becky
I work from the surgery on Mondays
How to get an appointment
If you think that you or someone you know would benefit from my support please contact reception. I will telephone you first to arrange an appointment that is convenient for you.
Social Prescribing Leaflet
Newsletter May 2022
Newsletter April 2022
Newsletter March 22
Newsletter Feb 2022