The Friends of the Practice are a group of Patients who have joined together under the Chairmanship of Mrs Jennie Hodges to help the Practice develop by raising funds for equipment and facilities. They also form a valuable sounding board for the Partnership in strategic planning of the Practice. Their input is also sought on many aspects of the day to day running of the practice, meeting regularly with Practice Management and the Doctors.
Their successes have been considerable, organising many social events and raising money for equipment. They also run the high successful Carer's group.
Fund raising projects have included the purchase of:
- A stainless steel hand rail
- A music and patient call system for the Neighbourhood Centre surgery
- 2 Sonicaid detectors for antenatal clinics and arterial studies
- An electronic matrix board for the Waiting Room
- Ultrasonic Surgical Equipment Cleaner
- 2 Pulse OximetersBlood Pressure,
- Weight and Height Measuring Device in Waiting Room
- Consulting Room Electronic Blood Pressure Machines
If you are keen to be involved in the group, please contact Jennie Hodges through our reception or email Chgp.email@example.com